Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sewing with friends is the best.

I had so much fun sewing with my friend, Diana.  She is from Columbia and is an amazingly creative woman.  She makes beautiful jewelry from Columbian beads, made costumes for our Christmas pageant at our church, and can dance interpretively in a way that stirs up a wave of emotion. Love her.

Well, I made a super easy, super fun wrap skirt a few months back.  I actually made a pattern from a friend's skirt and modified it to fit my size.  I found some fun fabric from Ikea and whipped it up in an afternoon. It's reversible, so you are really getting a lot of bang for your buck...two skirts in one.

Diana wanted to learn how to make one, so I hauled my sewing machine (and 3 year old) over to her house one morning for a sewing playdate.  It's so much fun to sew together, because conversations come so easily and travel in so many different directions when you are facedown cutting out a pattern or sitting at your machine sewing a seam.  I always walk away having learned something about my sewing friend that I never knew.

And, sharing a skirt pattern is just one of the best things to share together, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment