Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm finished...phew!!!


I have spent the better part of the last two months filling my very first custom order!  AND, I'm finished!!! I am actually waiting at this very second for Little E to wake up from his nap so I can deliver them. It feels kind of like the last day of school.  The order was for some very dear friends who are from Columbia and have lived in Santo Domingo for several years working with the teenagers at our church.  They are leaving for a 2-month respite in their home country before moving across the island to Santiago to start a new church.  They ordered 100 of my little notebooks to sell when they go home. The proceeds they make will go toward the new church. You might be able to see they had the logo of the new church printed on the inside pocket of the agenda.  It looks like a postage stamp and really is a very personal touch.

It was actually a fun project, although I am very glad to be finished.  I absolutely l-o-v-e what I do and the fact that this huge order was never once a burden or had me stressed out to my eyeballs is a confirmation of that.  My mind is swirling with little projects I have put to the side...flannel jammies for Little E for when we move (which include a pair in a sock monkey print), a re-worked idea for one of my items, headbands from some scraps I have, finish reading Pride and Prejudice, (oh yeah) and pack to move back to the states.  You get the idea. 

But, first I think I am going to drink a glass of iced tea and r-e-l-a-x!

No comments:

Post a Comment